Computer usage in the M. Louis Salmon Library is subject to the guidelines outlined in the UAH General Computer Use Policy and also the policy of the University's Internet Provider, AREN - Alabama Research and Education Network.
Students are expected to be familiar with these policies and adhere to them at all times when using any university computer. The library systems staff does monitor the use of the computers in the library and students may be asked to leave the lab and may be barred from using library computers if they violate the computer use policy.
1. The labs are locked between classes to protect the equipment.
2. No food or drink is allowed in the labs.
3. Students and instructors should not save anything on C: drives that will be needed later. We regularly re-image the PCs and this will erase extra files from the C: drive. Use your personal login and save the files to either your desktop your your My Documents folder.
4. Students should not turn off PCs unless they need to reboot to correct an error.
5. Please turn off the projector and raise the screen at the end of your class unless another class follows yours.