User Services Desk
Welcome to the Library! The User Services desk is the first desk you see as you enter the library. We're located on the first floor of the south building.
For general questions, please call us at 256-824-6530. Need research help? See the below box for reference assistance.
What is User Services?
The major responsibility of the User Services Department is to serve the public by providing access to and the circulation of library materials. This service involves circulation, retrieval, and reshelving of most of the library's collection.
The User Services Department provides the following services:
· Opens and closes the library building.
· Maintains the Reserve Collection.
· Assesses and collects fines and bills for lost or damaged books.
· Maintains periodical holdings and the circulating book collection.
· Assists in the circulation of Interlibrary Loan material.
· Monitors the use of photocopiers and provides necessary maintenance.
· Operates and performs all bindery functions.
· Monitors and maintains all microform collections.
Please Note: Copying and circulation services close 15 minutes before the building.