The following resources can help when doing demographics research:
- Demographics USA County Ed. (CD-ROM)
The Demographics USA directories contain a wealth of marketing statistics. Each directory contains the standard age, sex, and ethnicity demographic data and also covers EBI (Estimated Buying Power), BPI (Buying Power Index) and more for any given geography. The County edition includes 160 variables for 3,140 counties. Also contains data summaries by Metropolitan Areas (MSA), Television Markets (DMA) and States. Also available as a reference book. [HF5415.1 .D4631. Reference]
- Demographics USA ZIP Ed. (CD-ROM)
Description: The Demographics USA directories contain a wealth of marketing statistics. Each directory contains the standard age, sex, and ethnicity demographic data and also covers EBI (Estimated Buying Power), BPI (Buying Power Index) and more for any given geography.The ZIP edition includes over 50 variables for over 40,000 ZIP Codes. Also available as a reference book. [HF5415.1 .D4631. Reference]
- MediaMark Reporter CD-ROM
Description: A source of advertising media data. Gives detailed demographic and marketing segments of media audiences by illustrating cross tabulations of product/service data by demographic characteristics and media audiences. Available on library network.
- Lifestyle Market Analyst. Provides market analysis of potential local, regional and national audiences. Use this to obtain data compiled from more than 19 million households. Access to demographic, lifestyle and consumer segment profiles help you locate your best prospects. You can identify where certain consumers live and how they spend their money and free time. Find your ideal market easily. See sample pages. [HF5415.33 .U6 L54. Reference]
- MSA Profile 2003 (CD-ROM) This statistical compendium provides income, employment, and retail trade projects from every MSA in the United States, as well as U.S. totals. See sample pages. [HC106.8 .M47 Reference]
- The Standard Rate & Data Service (SRDS) publications provide media rates and data for the advertising industry, listing advertising rates, editorial or programming content, circulation and other basic information for a variety of advertising media, including radio, television, newspapers, in separate volumes with different call numbers. Most volumes are organized by state and by city, with demographic and market data for each state. For information on how to use and interpret SRDS publications, see the 4-page PDF guide from the libraries at Bowling Green State University. The UAH Library's SRDS publications are located in the Library Reference Collection on the first floor. The list below is what the library currently owns:
- SRDS newspaper advertising source HF5905 .S73
- SRDS radio advertising source HF5905 .S74
- SRDS TV & cable source HF5905 .S745
- ESRI Marketing Systems Free Demographic Data
Provides basic demographic data by ZIP code, including population, income and housing figures.