Welcome to Nursing! This guide will assist you with finding information in nursing, both through the library and the web. Click on the tabs to your left to see the different pages in this guide and find more information on these topics:
If you require any further assistance, feel free to contact one of the librarians through chat, email, phone, or stop by in person.
Use the following steps to completely utilize all major nursing resources in the Salmon Library.
1. Select topic; understand guidelines or parameters set by the instructor.
2. Consult appropriate reference materials for a definition or background information.
3. Check iLink, the on-line catalog to locate books in the UAH Library. On the home page select Books - E-Books to reach the catalog. Most of the library materials in the areas of nursing, and other related areas will have call numbers beginning with the letter R.
4. Check appropriate indexes for peer-reviewed articles, copy or print citations.
5. Determine if the Salmon Library has the periodical by using the Journals link from the library’s home page to search; check the Medical Library of the UAB School of Medicine library journal list (Huntsville Regional Medical Campus) and WorldCat database which contains more than 35 million records describing items owed by U.S. libraries and libraries around the world; each record contains library holdings.
6. Locate articles or materials available at the Salmon Library, Medical Library of the UAB School of Medicine (Huntsville Regional Medical Campus) or Alabama A&M.
7. Request materials not available locally through interlibrary loan. Allow at least 10 days minimum for books/articles.
8. Check for U.S. Government Documents materials through the appropriate indexes.*
9. Please ask for assistance at the reference desk!
* = additional information available at reference desk.