This module (Library & Research Readiness: Plagiarism & Citations) has the following Goals and Learning Outcomes:
After completing this module, students will:
- Understand the reasons why sources should be cited.
- Be aware of accidental plagiarism, to avoid it.
- Be able to access additional resources - through the UAH Library and elsewhere - for further information about properly citing sources.
It was built with the following components:
- Goals for the module (student learning outcomes)
- A video recording (13 minutes) of the library presentation on plagiarism & citations.
- The Powerpoint slides of the library presentation (above) on plagiarism & citations.
- A copy of the Plagiarism 101 handout from the SSC (from 2019).
- A link to a 3rd-party video (4 minutes) that continues the discussion about avoiding accidental plagiarism.
- A bibliography with a list of the works cited from the library presentation (above) and with links for additional reading.
- A 5-question multiple-choice quiz (a 5-point practice quiz in Canvas) to assess student retention of this information.
- A link to a brief online feedback survey, so that students can share their feedback with the Library.
If you have any questions about this module or any of the other Library & Research Readiness modules in Canvas Commons, please contact both Michael.Manasco@uah.edu and Ron.Schwertfeger@uah.edu.
Find the module here in Canvas Commons.