This module (Library & Research Readiness: Citation Managers 101) has the following Goals and Learning Outcomes:
After completing this module, students will:
- what citation managers are used for
- what to look for while choosing a citation manager
- how to import a citation to a citation manager
- how to use a citation manager to add citations to a document
It was built with the following components:
- Goals for the module (student learning outcomes)
- Pages with text and visual information to discuss and define what citation managers are, their purpose, and how they work
- Four (4) videos covering how to use basic citation manager tools:
- How to Add a Reference (3:04 min.)
- Demonstrates drag and drop methods of putting references into a manager.
- How to Edit a Reference (4:27 min.)
- A focus on how to edit your reference within the manager once imported.
- How to Use the Word Plug-in (5:49 min.)
- Demonstration on how to work within Microsoft Word's plug-in feature for citation managers.
- Using the Web Importer (3:56 min.)
- Demonstration on how to grab references from the web.
- A link to a brief online feedback survey, so that students can share their feedback with the Library.
If you have any questions about this module or any of the other Library & Research Readiness modules in Canvas Commons, please contact both Michael.Manasco@uah.edu and Ron.Schwertfeger@uah.edu.
Find the module here in Canvas Commons.